Free Product Guide >>

Woodwork

Winter 2013-2014

Preview this issue

FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD

FIRE PLACE SURROUND MADE FROM MORE PALLET WOOD  WASTE NOT WANT NOT AS YOU CAN SEE ITS VERY SATISFYING DOING IT FROM PALLET WOOD AS MOST PALLETS ARE FREE THIS WAS FROM A 6 X4 FT PALLET I DENAILED

Filed under:
Attachment: fs014.jpg

Comments

bricofleur wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 05-30-2009 9:03 AM

Question Dust,

What tool do you use to "clean up" or mill down your pallet wood? A planer, a jointer, a sander?  I have heard they are though on knives. Thanks.

Best

Serge

www.atelierdubricoleur.spaces.live.com

DUSTY MILLER wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 05-30-2009 12:56 PM

tools i use basic kity machine centre but put a more powerfull motor in it so its faster and lessens blade sharpening but i still have to get every nail and staple out .just like a colchester lathe if you turn wood plastic even ally i do it at 5000 rpm and i use a carbide tip tool I make myself most of my turning tools i make and i braze carbide tips on they last a lifetime

bricofleur wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 05-30-2009 1:51 PM

Thanks Dusty.  Of course all nails and staples have to be removed. Besides the fact they would ruin you blades, they would become dangerous objects flying all around.

Since I didn't know what a kity machine was, I searched on the web and tell me is it's the machine you are talking about.

www.priceminister.com/image

What I saw on the web is a pretty nice and complete machine. And it's compact!  I believe you are on Europe continent?  I'm in Québec, Canada.

Best,

Serge

www.atelierdubricoleur.spaces.live.com

DUSTY MILLER wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 05-31-2009 2:00 AM

kity 5 machine centre old but still good you can buy 2nd hand which are still good  I live in louth lincolnshire england i use to live in brighton sussex  go to brighton .co.uk  see driftwood mirror i made thats from the old pier see pier in sussex thats just metal or whats left of of now. people took the timber which is 100s of years old and ebayed it. i made mirror.

DUSTY MILLER wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 05-31-2009 4:07 PM

hi serge the k5 kity is european but as you know all parts for any machine do not come from one country? example bearings are from uk electrics are from tiawan maybe the motor housing from china ? but if you buy the name you buy the product and you sell under licence so you have bought say robert bosch bosch tools you take it apart and you got 4 countries components in that machine? true? but if you do buy a machine like i showed you? buy old not new as all there parts are cast ally  old machines are cast iron? why they are accurate they solid and they heavy unless you are the hulk? and they last you a lifetime if you do not abuse them?as to my pallets thats just for fun i get bored buy a load of pallets then spend a week denailing. may look silly if someone sees me  but i say to them hey i run outa nails so i gotta do this to get some nails? they soon shut up? i even get slates and make bird tables. black slate they throw away ok so 8x12 inch slate broken  fine i take it and produce the bird table. cost nothing only your time to make it? see pics.  anway nice to meet you serge  you have a good day if i can help you in any way or advise you no problem excepy time dii uk canada but will get back to you. Also thankyou for takin intrest in my work i appreciate that very much that people  overseas take intrest.

DUSTY MILLER wrote re: FIRE SURROUND PALLET WOOD
on 06-03-2009 1:30 PM

hi serge i just got new wood magazine today ? hey u got a competion  to win tools? guess what i cant enter as i a outsider uk resident?  u gotta be usa to enter damn. oh well my friend you enter and maybe you win ? and hey watch this space as you have not seen anything yet ?The things i do will amaze you my friend and all from pallets?  As i found old pics which my work which i did in the late 70s  i gotta put on pc as they in 6x4 photos? hey thoses days we didnt have digital cameras? plus if i wanted to make tabe i had to go into the woods to chop a tree down to make one ?ha ha only joking my friend  i got someone to chop it down for me ? ha ha  hey will you do me favour as u in canada?