Important Information >>

Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws

Model 22124, $950
• 1-3/4-hp 120/240-volt motor. 30-in. rip capacity to the right of the blade.
• Cast-iron side tables and folding outfeed table.
• 4-in. miter gauge fence extension.
• Beisemeyer rip fence.

Craftsman started from the ground up when redesigning its 10-in. tablesaws. Sears' designers did their homework on these machines by listening to customers and addressing their tablesaw concerns. The three new models have some great features and sell at prices that won't break the bank. All three saws look like cabinet saws. In fact, their trunnion system more closely resembles the type found on a cabinet saw than on a con-tractor or hybrid saw. The trunnions, which hold the saw's arbor, are mounted to the cabinet instead of the bottom of the table. This makes the trunnion system more rigid and greatly simplifies blade-to-table alignment during setup and tune-ups. The new saws are all left-tilt machines. They have 4-in. dust collection hookups and built-in rip fence storage hooks. Mounting and removing the blade cover and splitter is tool-free and thus hassle-free. The blades that come with the saws are good-quality carbide-tipped blades that, unlike many tablesaws, don't need immediate replacement.

Filed under: , ,
Attachment: 10804_052.jpg

Comments

Joseph C. Sublett wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 03-10-2009 9:39 AM

I have a Craftsman saw that has legs and cast-iron wings with a much longer fence (not Beismeyer). I'm not sure how old this information is but it should be updated.

abel tejera wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 03-20-2009 10:46 PM

craftsman r ok,but dewalt is better in the long run.i'd still get a craftsman,good value

Kleen wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 04-18-2009 11:56 PM

I have the 22124, and only a few gripes about it.

-The outfeed table isn't much use.

-I wish it had a real splitter.

Having said that, I can set a dime on edge, start her up and the 10 cents doesn't move. It cut great with stock blade, even better with Forrest Woodworker II. Goes through 6/4 curly maple without a whimper.

For a starter saw, could have done much worse.

Bucky36 wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 05-05-2009 12:28 PM

I used to own the top of the line Craftsman table saw many years ago.  I had a lot of trouble keeping the saw aligned. Plus it had a lot of blade wabble - more than I could accept for what I wanted to make.  I am wondering if the new table saw would keep its alignments through repeated cuts?  Also how does it compare to a Shopsmith?

Bob Carreiro wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 06-26-2009 10:28 AM

I have the 22104.  Sure wish I could use a dado blade!  The blade shaft is just too short!  Had I known this before hand, I never would have purchased it.  Also wish the tracks on the fence were sized for jig t-nuts rather than 1/4 inch bolt heads.  Otherwise, it's a good, dependable machine.

Gregory Sporer wrote re: Big Featured, Low-Priced Tablesaws
on 08-31-2009 9:07 PM

I will never own another craftsman power tool again, even if you gave it to me. Nothing but trouble. You can do a lot better with ANY other brand.